Historic Curtis Brothers Preserves Bottle- MSU Campus, MI

Excerpt-

Brothers Simeon and Edgar Curtice founded Curtice Brothers Co. Preservers Rochester, New York in 1868. The canning business was created to save surplus vegetables and fruits that they could not sell in their small grocery store. By the early 1900s they were one of the largest ketchup and preserves producing firms, and continued production into the late 1960s.

Read more about their research on the MSU Campus Archaeology Program Blog


Related Posts Featured on American Artifacts

Click Photo for Link


See More American Artifacts

Instagram – Pinterest – Twitter – Facebook –