Two unique, colonial finds capped last week on American Artifacts Blog. A tiny pineapple ornament found at St. Mary’s City, Maryland suggests that this popular 17th century motif could be found on anything. Meanwhile in Maine, a fragment of an artillery shell was uncovered from an old military fort near the Pemaquid Peninsula. Our other featured artifacts included a series of Mid-Woodland Pottery fragments from the Delaware Water Gap and an archived image of fluted Folsom Points from Univ of Wisconsin-Madison lab. Click images below to learn more about these artifacts.
1. Mid Woodland Pottery- Delaware Water Gap, PA
2. Cannon Ball Shell- Bristol, ME
3. Fluted Points- Skare Site, WI
4. Pineapple Ornament- St. Mary’s City, MD
5. James Madison Bottle Seal- Montpelier, VA
See More American Artifacts